Yoshie and the case of the missing tennis ball

Yoshie, the adorable 2 year old British Bulldog loves to chew and chase balls. Unfortunately for Yoshie, this time it was to his detriment. Yoshie presented to Veterinary Specialists of Sydney with reports he had swallowed a tennis ball at the park. After having X-rays taken, it clearly showed that the ball was still in his stomach. The team at VSOS had to determine whether it could be removed via an endoscope or surgery.

What to do?

After deliberation and to prevent surgery, VSOS specialist Dr Karina Graham decided to use an endoscope and forceps to try to locate and remove the missing ball. After an hour of careful inspection, the missing ball was located – along with some other pieces of rubber that Yoshie had digested.

An unusual find

The foreign bodies including the ball, a rubber plug, and several other bits rubber were successfully removed and Yoshie was able to leave the clinic with his happy owners shortly after waking up and recovering.

See the full video of the operation here.

24/7 emergency care for your precious pets

We have a team of talented veterinary specialists on hand 24/7 to provide emergency care at our state-of-the-art animal emergency hospital located in the Sutherland Shire.

While you can never plan for an emergency, if the worst was to happen, know that we are here to help.

READ MORE PATIENT AND VET STORIES

Patient stories

“Karina, and all of the vet nurses and vet specialists at VSOS, have such incredible empathy."
On the hardest day of Jimmy Barnes' life, the VSOS team was there.

Contact us

for specialist veterinary treatment