Covid – 19 Protocol
Hospital consultation protocol
Veterinary Specialists of Sydney (VSOS) will remain open and seeing patients as an essential service:
- You are welcome to have a ZOOM consultation from home
- Come to the hospital with your pet – phone or ZOOM consult.
We ask that if you are unwell or have been to a hot-spot, that you remain at home. We have ZOOM consultations available for those unable to travel to the hospital.
For those coming to our hospital the protocol is as follows:
Emergency & Specialist appointments:
- Arrival: please telephone the hospital (02) 8376 8767 from your car, OR, ring the intercom/notify reception that you have arrived. Please WAIT in your car with your pet.
- Consultation: When the vet is ready to see your pet someone from the pet care team will come and collect your pet in full PPE gear.
- We can consult with you over the phone or via ZOOM.
- Please wait in your car
- Going home: When your consultation is complete, the pet care team will return your pet to the car with medications and payment can be made over the phone.
- Closed for visitation until further notice. Zoom visits are permissible.
Mobile ultrasound and surgery:
- Mobile services will continue with full PPE gear and disinfection used between hospitals.
© Copyright VSOS 2021. All rights reserved.